[openbeos] Spelling #2

  • From: "Karl vom Dorff" <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:30:03 -0500

On: http://haiku-os.org/about

Under 'Why Haiku' I'm pretty sure the idiom is 'means to an end':

'As a tool, software is a mean to an end, and not an end in itself.'

Under 'Who we are'

'Haiku is mostly developed by volunteers'

Would be fine, but sounds more proper switching 'developed mostly'.

From: http://haiku-os.org/about/faq

Reading 'What is Haiku' I read it over a couple of times and still don't understand what's trying to be said in the last part of the sentence.

Under 'Why not Linux'. The first sentence should be rephrased.

Under 'Do you have a road map'?

'Our key goal for the Haiku 1.0 release (or R1 as we call it) is to achieve binary compatibility with and functionality that is at least equivalent to that of BeOS R5.'

Take out 'with'.

Oh! I found a link to donate! I find the location a little obscure though, at the end of the FAQs?

I'll look at more later. I don't consider myself an expert in English although I usually get quite decent marks on essays at University. Perhaps someone else on the mailing list can confirm these issues?

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA