[openbeos] Re: Speaking of Virtual PC 2007

  • From: "Jonathon Freeman" <j_freeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:53:48 -0500

Before Microsoft acquired them, Connectix (original developer of Virtual PC)
was working on a product called "Virtual Server". We all know it now by the
name of Microsoft Virtual Server. And while it too is now available for
free, I'm sure Microsoft makes their money back on all those Windows VDS
clients who require a Windows license for their virtual server. ;)

So in essence, they make their money not on the virtualization products but
on the Windows licenses users require to run Windows on said virtualization
products.

Regards,
Jonathon