[openbeos] SoundStudio sources?

  • From: kamikazow@xxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 00:11:32 +0200

Hi.
Recently I remembered that SampleStudio was open sourced a few years ago
and I tried to find out what happened to it. I found that Xentronix, the
developer of SampleStudio, decided that open sourcing that app was a
mistake and it pressured BeUnited to remove the sources due trademark
infringement. Sadly instead of just removing the trademarks, BeUnited
deleted the sources from their server.
Legally that was not needed, because trademarks fall under a different
law than copyrights and the rights to the sources were bought by the
community for several hundred bucks.

I wonder if anybody still has that sources.

-Markus