[openbeos] SoundPlay and CL-Amp

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 05:24:52 +0100

Hello,

I just got SoundPlay and CL-Amp working with the libmedia.so replacement.

They only require basic funtionality of the BSoundPlayer class when playing
mp3 files.

I hardcoded sound output to use the existing BeOS Soundblaster AWE 64
driver, and you currently can only have one instance running at a time.

But I think it's a nice proof of concept to hear these applications working.

If you want to try it:
checkout the media_kit from CVS.
If neccessary, edit SoundPlayNode.cpp to open your existing sound card
driver, instead of "/dev/audio/old/awe64/1"
compile libmedia.so
create a new folder, and copy SoundPlay or CL-Amp into this folder
create a sub folder called "lib". Place the replacement libmedia.so
into this folder.
kill media_server, media_addon_server and audio_server.
Start SoundPlay or CL-Amp.
If you want to see debug output generated by the library, start the program
from a Terminal.

open the BeOS Media Preferences application to restart the original servers
when you are finished.

regards
Marcus