[openbeos] Re: Some questions :)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:12:29 +0200

Fredrik Modéen wrote (2007-07-11, 10:35:32 [+0200]):

> > Hi Fredrik,
> >
> >> I have now been able to build part of Haiku on Zeta 1.5, don't know why
> >> can't build all, but I'm not interested in all any way so :)
> >>
> >> 1. ACPI do this work on other platform like Zeta or does it only work
> >> for
> >> than Haiku?
> >>
> >> 2. ACPI how do I build that? do I need to make some sort of package?
> >
> > TARGET_PLATFORM=dano jam -q acpi
> >
> > It currently doesn't build (link) for me, but it advertises itself as BeOS
> ah tested "TARGET_PLATFORM=dano jam acpi" but then it's probably broken..
> > compatible in the Jamfile. AFAIK, when you install it on your system,
> > certain drivers can make use of it, like the power button driver. But acpi
> > is not used for configuring the devices in your computer, like IO
> > resources
> > and IRQs... not on Haiku and not on BeOS.
> Yes I know I have read this link about acpi. I'm only intrested in geting
> Zeta/Haiku to poweroff

You should get Haiku to power off if you enable APM in the kernel settings
file. IIRC, Axel said it doesn't work on all of his machines, but for all my
machines Haiku powers off fine with APM enabled.

Uncomment

apm true

in /boot/home/config/settings/kernel/drivers/kernel.

I don't know how to get ZETA to power off the computer, didn't have any luck
with that.

Best regards,
-Stephan