[openbeos] Re: Some ideas about windows

  • From: Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeremiah Poling <jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 17:37:10 -0500 (CDT)

> window one in the upper left 640x480
> window two in the lower left 1024x300
> and window three in the upper right 300x400

OK, so like a workspaces app, except for parts of the window, instead of
moving them around.

actually, this reminds me a lot of the Star Trek interface, where there
(seems to be) a pretty much fixed-size interface for everything, and stuff
(either gets scaled) or whatever to fit in (and what I suspect MacOS,
--and Opera/Wagner-- was really aiming for).  It might be neat to
construct something like this as a (radical, experimental) window
decorator, just to see what happens.

Again, this sort of thing could be done with scripting (not too
difficult-ly), but you'd run up against the problem of:  What if the
application writer wanted the window to be non-resizeable.  So your
640x480 window wasn't fully occupied.  Would there be blank space left
over?

Isaac