[openbeos] Re: Some freezes...

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:05:06 +0200 CEST

Christian Wiese <developlists@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I dont know if this is the right time or the right place to post
> this
> type of message, so please excuse. Ive installed Haiku on my laptop
> and
> experienced a lot of freezes and one KDL (page fault). So my question
> is, if this is the (currently) expect behaviour? Some details.

We're not proud of it, but that's how it's currently working :-)
If you want to have a more stable environment, you have to boot into
safemode, that doesn't start the app_server and runs more or less well.

> I cant start People. If I do so, some parts of the window is drawn
> (input-boxes) and at this point Haiku freezes.
> If my usb-mice is connected Im able to use it (ps2 emulation?). But
> the

Yes, over emulation.

> movement is strange. Sometimes too slow, sometimes faster. If I used
> it
> a few seconds it gets slower and slower and Haiku... freezes

That could be a number of reasons. Currently, the app_server design is
broken with regards to mouse movements; it works only well as long as
the window stays responsive. And due to other bugs, that might not
always be the case right now, anyway.

> As you may know, when you open a menu, the system... freezes :-/

Most of the time, yes. Although we haven't yet looked into it.

> One question at the end. How can I change the resolution when Im
> using
> the radeon driver?

Currently, you need to change it in the source. In src/servers/app/
Desktop.cpp in method Desktop::AddDriver() the resolution is set.
Just change that to something you like better.

Bye,
   Axel.