[haiku] Re: Sniff Rules?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 10:03:12 +0100

On 03/03/2013 08:59 AM, Justin Stressman wrote:
On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
BTW, I'm 99% certain that on BeOS the BeBook included a page documenting the
MIME sniffer rules (IIRC as a "special topic"). Our BeBook version seems to
be lacking that page.

http://www.tycomsystems.com/beos/ABeBook/Release%20Notes/StorageKit.html

Yes, that's what I meant. :-)

I could probably convert the BeOS R5 book (which that one seems to be)
to a modern format if need be? I'm not sure which version the one on
haiku-os.org is based on.

It looks like it has more information than the one we're currently using?

Supposedly the Haiku one is the latest version. But apparently the old "release notes" have not been incorporated.

I have a copy of the files straight from BeOS R5 (which I assume would
need to be updated to the same licensing we see on the haiku-os.org
version).

I guess Access has to be asked for permission first. Ideally they'd just allow modifications. The current license is not particularly helpful in the long run anyway, since we'd need to rewrite everything to be able to add our API changes/extensions.

CU, Ingo