[haiku] Re: Sniff Rules?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 18:02:25 -0800

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 08:13:27PM -0500, Philippe Saint-Pierre wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > So in FileTypes, I add the ".csd" as an extension, turn on the
> >
> >> "Show recognition rule" option, and add a rule like:
> >>
> >> 0.25  ([0:100]"<CsoundSythesizer")
> >>

> > Is that a copy paste?  because there is a typo in there :-) if it's not a
> > copy/paste, could you please send the actual rule you tried?

Mnyehh -- sorry, yes a typo...  I *did* do a copy-paste into the actual rule.

> There is also an issue with where you've put the range, try that one (it
> worked here) :
>
> 0.25 [0:100]("<CsoundSynthesizer")

Still no go... (:-()

I had actually tried that form before as well.  Looking at other rules,
both forms seem to be used.  I also tried with no range at all.

You say it works on your machine?  Very odd...

Here's the test file I just made up to try.  Ran "Force Identify" on
it, but it still was just 'text'.

<CsoundSynthesizer>

<CsScore>
</CsScore>