[openbeos] Site for non-devs?

  • From: Sam Persson <astromek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 02:48:21 +0200

One of the recent mails from Michael Phipps got me looking through the newsarchive and the FAQ about stuff for us non-coders could tag along and help with.
In the FAQ there's some points regarding that kind of activities.
I did however never find a list with stuff to help with and there's propably a good reason for it.

What I'm really wondering here is:
1. IS there a list somewhere, easy accessible (people are lazy, remember?), with tasks that regular non-devs could take on?
2. If not, would it be of interest for the devs to have a central list they could post tasks to?
(I'm talking about stuff like: "I would need someone to write this document." "I need someone to check this and that." et.c.)

Anyway... the biggest problem I see is that it isn't really easy to find tasks if you aren't allready involved.
Sure, we (non-coders) can allways pop a mail to someone and ask, but what to we ask for?
I'm pretty sure there's people who have the ability to help that don't know how, like me, and don't kwow where to go to find info about it, like me. Maybe just a collection of links would suffice, but there should be more easily accessible directions somewhere.

Just a thought.

// Sam P.