[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: "Joachim Seemer" <j.seemer@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:15:35 +0200

Hello there!

I'm also easily confused with mirroring vertically and horizontally. I
pretty much have given up on figuring it out and just try first one, then,
when discovering it was the wrong direction, choose the other... :)
Why not leave it at that: Have just one menu item "Mirror" and mirror
horizontally, and if the function is invoked once more (meaning the user
actually wanted "the other mirror"), go back to the original and mirror
vertically instead. If the "Mirror" command is evoked a third time, the
original image comes up again.

Since these operations may become computationally intensive with large data,
the app mustn't block while mirroring. Maybe even a rastered preview could
be computed first so you instantly see if you got the right mirror.

Maybe this should be embraced for the 90° rotation as well.

...Or you think I'm completely insane... :)

Anyway, thanks for listening.
J.Seemer