[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: Petter Holt Juliussen <post@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:34:33 +0200

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

I support removing unneeded features from ShowImage (esp.: dragging within the image),
Why is dragging within the image unneeded? Is it unneeded for you? I think that clipping inside the picture (along with dragging the clipping to the desktop) is a *great* feature. When I for an example want to edit a screenshot (removing something by clipping the desktop color over it), edit a wallpaper, what ever, the clipping feature
is great for that purpose. I think ShowImage should include these basic editing capabilities like that including rotate and such. What I find unneeded is to open a big application like ArtPaint, Refraction or WonderBrush just because you want to remove something from a screenshot (whatever) which easily could have been done in ShowImage (like in BeOS). Theres no problem in opening these bigger editing applications when doing more advanced editing! Please don't remove the clipping feature in ShowImage :)