[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:13:38 +0200 CEST

Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>:

> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> >> Same thing about Tracker; I *strongly* dislike that a window can
> > > be
> >> opened in two different workspaces at once, as well as the "New
> >> Folder"
> >> not being the top-most item in the context menu. (and let's not
> > > get
> >> started on the nav bar and single window browsing...)
> >
> > I don't like it either, but that's apparently what many people
> > want.
> > But since it's completely optional, I don't see the point in
> > moaning
> > about it either.
>
> Window one workspace:
> I don't know if I had this in BeOS or somewhere else, but it was like
> that: I opened a folder in one workspace to drag-n-drop some files,
> then
> switched to another workspace and opened the same folder. What
> happened
> was that instead of opening the folder in the current workspace the
> app
> switched to the original workspace. This was very annoying because I
> wanted to use the folder in the *other* workspace. IMHO, it is a good
> compromise to move the opened window from the old workspace to the
> new
> workspace.

Moving the opened window is great, but not opening it twice.  Is that
something there's code for, or is it completely removed?

> Single window browsing:
> I love it. I almost *never* want to keep the old window opened and I
> don't like cleaning up all opened windows (yes, there are shortcuts,
> but
> who knows them?). Use the context menu if you want to open a new
> window.

Spring-loaded folders works wonders. Before users discover that they
often complain about the very same thing. But you know this. Adapt! :)

> Navbar:
> I think that the only purpose of a navbar is to have a "Delete" and
> "Parent Folder" button. I've *never* seen someone click any of the
> other
> buttons (the "Back" button is often understood as the "Up" button).
> So,
> what about integrating only those two buttons somewhere into the menu
> or
> some other place of the window. Actually, the "Parent Folder" button
> is
> already implemented, but I don't really like the way it's done. What
> about showing breadcrumbs? Hm...

Haven't even Microsoft toned down the Forward button, and instead just
Up and Back? Personally, I think Up should be the only one.

-- Mikael
"hi i'm 14 and i have a lisp please help!!!  when i try to make
 s-expressions they come out as f-expressions and everybody at school
 laughs at me :("                                          -- unknown