[openbeos] Re: ShowImage

  • From: Kris van der Ven <kjvdven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:56:43 +0100

euhm, I think the maillist and a email adres is playing pingpong with emails :?

At 23:49 21-11-2003, you wrote:

Hello all,

I would also like to fall in line with Simon's comment.  When I saw the
features in the new ShowImage, my first thought wasn't "wow cool!"
it was: "uh oh, what justifies all this?".  In at least a couple cases I can
understand: printing, and page navigation. (for multi-page TIFFs)

But slide-show capability?  Isn't this overboard?  Certainly showing
captions below pictures in full-screen slide show mode is!  :-(  I'd like
to offer this as a guideline: if your binary is already larger than the
R5 binary, don't add "extra" features.

Andrew