[openbeos] Re: ShowImage

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:59:23 +0100

Selon Tyler Dauwalder <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 2003-11-21 at 09:45:46 [-0800], Jonas Sundstrom wrote:
> > Has anybody asked if we could use Daniel Switkins ImageViewer?
> > It's closed-source at the moment.
> >
> > IIRC, it's one of the few real top quality BeOS apps.
> >
> > I don't mean to disregard the effort of those who have worked and do
> > work on our ShowImage, but perhaps there is still some work to be saved
> > if we get to "borg" Daniel's app.
>
> Have you had a look at our ShowImage lately? It's really quite nice, IMO,
> not to mention very nearly complete. And I think it now has most of the
> additional features found in ImageViewer, anyway. :-)

I haven't tried it yet, but I've been told it is much more evolved than
the R5 one.
One thing I think we should have though is what the "Dano" version added,
the "slice" stuff.
Basically it is about adding rectangular named selections on the image
(toggled by a menu item (decorate)), that is then saved in a
imagefilename.slice file, as a flattened BMessage.
Its main use seems to be the creation of decors fr Dano, but I succesfully
used it to create HTML imagemaps, and I think that could be a handy tool
for that, we could have an "export to imagemap" menu item, and extend the
thing to more than rectangles maybe.

François.