[openbeos] Re: ShowImage

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 14:07:55 +0100 CET

François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I haven't tried it yet, but I've been told it is much more evolved
> than
> the R5 one.
> One thing I think we should have though is what the "Dano" version
> added,
> the "slice" stuff.
> Basically it is about adding rectangular named selections on the
> image
> (toggled by a menu item (decorate)), that is then saved in a
> imagefilename.slice file, as a flattened BMessage.
> Its main use seems to be the creation of decors fr Dano, but I
> succesfully
> used it to create HTML imagemaps, and I think that could be a handy
> tool
> for that, we could have an "export to imagemap" menu item, and extend
> the
> thing to more than rectangles maybe.

Although I think that the additions to our ShowImage are mostly useful,
I can't see a reason why this kind of functionality should be in a
generic image viewer.
I think the current feature set of ShowImage is really okay, incl. the
slide show. I.e. why should one download an extra application if you
just want to show your relatives pictures of your new appartment or
whatever. IMO it's a tiny and reasonable feature.

Bye,
   Axel.