[haiku] Re: Shortcut keys in menus etc.

  • From: Julius Bullinger <julius.bullinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 23:43:01 +0200

On 15.08.2009 22:38, Humdinger wrote:
The thing is, that you can't say what e.g. the OPTION key is physically
labeled on a keyboard. It can be the WIN key if that is present on your
keyboard (what about Macs?) or it could be AltGr or "the ALT key to the
right of the spacebar" for keyboard that don't have that labeled "AltGr".

If the user set OPT to WIN (or "SUPER" on Linux), we could show WIN in menus, and if the user set it to AltGR, we showed AltGr. The same with CMD: If it's set to CTRL, show CTRL, else ALT.

However, I think using always the same identifier and having the user look it up is probably more successful (in long term).

Regards,
Julius