[haiku] Serious installation problem

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:21:40 +0200

Hello,

I downloaded the Haiku R1 Alpha 3 RC CD Image haiku-r1a3-rc-r42159-cd.zip and
have a serious installation problem.
After booting the CD, I deleted the old Haiku hardware partition and wanted to
create a new one, but it fails. When I click on CREATE PARTITION and choose
HAIKU Partitition (BFS) and click CREATE (or OK), no partition is created.
Furthermore, I can not enter any volume name when trying to create the
partition. The text box for the volume name is grey. I thought that it may be a
refresh problem, so I clicked on refresh, but there was no effect. I also tried
to INITIALIZE a Haiku partition, but then I get the error message that I have
to create a BFS partition.

In past it worked with many other nightly builds. This bug seems to be quite
new.

My hardware:
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB SATA Hard Drive (no RAID, primary hd)
10 GB ATA Hard Drive (no raid, secondary hd)
DVD RW Drive
Mainboard: GA-MA790XT-UD4P

I hope that this problem does not occur on all systems. If so, it would be a
blocker for the R1 Alpha 3 release.

Best wishes,
Miroslav Stimac