[openbeos] Re: Sellingthe fish. :)

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 10:16:03 EST (-0300)

> I'm supposed to have been on the Preferences Team, and due to lack of
> spare
> time, mainly because of college, my task was assigned to others. I
> spent the
> last few months learning the BeOS API and wrote a Minesweeper clone,
> and I'm
> currently writing a simple painting tool, something similar to Paint
> Brush,
> in my free time because I'm doing other things too. I'd be very happy
> if OBOS
> makes use of these and any future programs, if they're good enough :)
> I've contacted the recruiters several times to join the project again
> with no
> replies so far...I'm a CS student & I have good knowledge of C/C++
> and the
> BeOS API. I really wish I could do something useful for the project,
> and now
> as college is starting in a few days, small tasks that don't require
> a long
> continuous time to be done will be the most suitable...

This is teh problem. Don't expect anyone to assign you do do anything.
Check the tem pages and see what was not done yet. Do it and submit it
to the team... This is how you get into one. The same stands true for
patches to existing code. If you find anything wrong, fix it and submit
a patch.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

I'm defending her honor, which is more than she ever did.