[haiku] Re: Scribus is on Haiku

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:07:05 -0500

Giovanni Mugnai wrote:
Since several users in the last month asked me for a word processor,
i've succesfully ported Scribus on Haiku:
http://s13.postimage.org/8xotaa5qf/Scribus_Haiku.png
Ok: Scribus ain't exactly a word processor, but can do the work of a
word processor :-)
Also support vector graphics import and export, pdf export (with very
advanced options) and can also import Adobe Illustrator projects.
The only lack is CUPS (you cannot print inside Scribus, but you can
export as PDF and print the document later) and Ghostscript.

So enjoy:
http://haikuware.com/directory/view-details/productivity/desktop-publishing/scribus-publishing-and-layout

I had to re-read this, why in the hell did they choose cups for printing support, thats a rather poor choice. I know QT can work with guetenprint, no one has ported or implemented the printing support in the QT port to date however. Would be nice to have.

Shame on Scribus devs, cups dependency is bad choice. They should have made that more OS agnostic.

Sean