[openbeos] Screen Preferences app

  • From: Tom <thomazcortez@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:54:48 +0300

Hi!

Today I checked out rev 17229 built the image and mounted it and copied most of it to my haiku partition.
(just kept some of the files I had previously modified). When I did that last time (I can't remember the revision number but it was from 16.04) the screen preferences app worked fine and remembered my settings. But today when I booted it was in 800x600@60Hz mode (or whatever those default settings are)
and when I tried to change it 1200x1024@85Hz and also tried some others (1024x768@85Hz) it didn't change the resolution. At some tries it gave this "The screen mode could not be set: Unknown Mode" alert
and at other times it opened this "keep settings" dialog.

So is this a bug for the bug database or is there something I messed up with my overwriting the old configuration files? I don't know if this is important or useful information for this case but I have a radeon 7200 card.

But to cheer you up I was really glad to be able to play mp3 files with CL-Amp and an emu10k card. Well there are some bugs with the sound being distorted in the beginning of the track (for about 13 sec or so) or when the CPU or memory was heavily used. Correct me if I'm wrong that it should be something to do with the buffer.

--
Tom