[openbeos] Re: Scarabeos 2001 going to prevent deal between Be and Palm

  • From: Erik Jakowatz <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:59:43 -0700

A little follow-up on this.  Even if this committee manages to scrap
together enough shares to outvote the other share holders (which I
seriously doubt it can), any company with a vested interest (like Palm)
could simply decide to spend a million dollars to buy a lot more shares
and the matter would be over.  Palm is already offering twice the market
valuation of Be Inc.  Somebody did not do their homework before
launching their "initiative".

I wish they would stop in order to avoid fragmenting the community and
possibly poisoning Palm's interest in a legitimate deal, since this
effort to totally doomed to begin with. =\