[openbeos] Re: Scarabeos 2001 going to prevent deal between Be and Palm

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:44:34 +0200

> Since Palm has absolutely no interest to continue the
> development of BeOS/BeIA, they want to _force_ Palm to put
> BeOS under a GPL-oriented license, if Palm doesn't
> open-source it.

In English there's a saying that "you catch more flies with
honey than with vinegar", but let them try it.

Just to keep you all in the loop, today I submitted our
licensing proposal to Palm, Inc., which was ACK'd only
minutes later by their CEO, saying that David Nagel will
advise.

Let's keep fingers crossed.

> I'm curious what you think.

I think they are seriously misguided; it's almost an act of
desperation, I'd say. I sent them a mail so that they know
what we are up to, but I haven't gotten any reply so far.

Helmar