[haiku] Re: SOPA Website blackout ?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:04:01 +0100

On 18/01/2012 04:48, Ari Haviv wrote:
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Justin Stressman<jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Now realistically one doesn't have to black out the site entirely. The
page could be changed to link to information about SOPA/PIPA while
still offering the rest of the normal Haiku content (somewhat like the
front page of the EFF site at the moment).

If someone decides they do want to go this latter route and merely add
SOPA/PIPA information (a modified theme for Drupal basically) rather
than following Reddit and en.Wikipedia's examples, I'd be willing to
help, since we're less than 12 hours away from the start of the
protest.

Yes, that is exactly what I'd like to see. People should know about the
issue but they shouldn't be deprived of access to what we are about. .
Instead, they'll see a missing website, shurg their shoulders and move on.
They will have no problem going to Apple or Facebook.com instead.

Doesn't have to be totally black like
http://en.wikipedia.org/
or
http://pirateparty.org.au/

We could for ex change the background color.

François.