[haiku] Re: SOPA Website blackout ?

  • From: jerry.babione@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:35:48 +0000

On , Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 18.01.2012 07:53, Stephan Aßmus wrote:

Am 18.01.2012 14:50, schrieb Brian Hague:

The most important thing to discuss for hours on end is what color the

bike shed (background) should be...

I agree with an earlier comment that if any action is taken at all, it should be educational for the unsuspecting

visitor. Just changing the background or even displaying a black site is really not useful at all, if the reason is

not given along with that.

Ok, so I threw up a black bar over the Haiku logo that can be easy reverted by moving some files around.

Anyone want to work on an informative blog post?

-- Alex

I've been following this discussion for a while. The petition that Mozilla has (that sends notification to the US Representatives based on Zip Code) seems to be the best idea I've found so far.