[haiku] Re: SOPA Website blackout ?

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:57:43 +0100

On 18/01/2012 14:53, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Am 18.01.2012 14:50, schrieb Brian Hague:
The most important thing to discuss for hours on end is what color the
bike shed (background) should be...

I agree with an earlier comment that if any action is taken at all, it
should be educational for the unsuspecting visitor. Just changing the
background or even displaying a black site is really not useful at all,
if the reason is not given along with that.

Right, a bg change for symbolic blackout, and a news item.

Something like :

Today we symbolically black out our website to protest upcoming US bills named SOPA (...) and PROTECT-IP Act that would restrict freedom on the Internet, and have consequences on free software developers like us.
(some more speech from other site)

François.