[openbeos] Re: SK: interacting modules

  • From: "unlyrn" <unlyrn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 01:10:37 NZST (+1200)

> About the last one ...
> I had some discussions with DarkWyrm about Be´s App-Server and the
> Dano
> -Appserver.
> He knows about this, and works on it. He told me this will be history
> .. :-))

On a related note, Dano's appserver is a _lot_ smoother than the r5
one.
I understand much of this is due to double-buffering, but I really
would like to see
the OBOS appserver implemented more like this.

I'm getting more and more bothered by the 'flickering' that happens
during resize,
and the windows don't redraw the edges smoothly when you move them....

Sorry if this is OT - but it detracts hugely from the whole experience.

btw - appkit team ML is invite-only, hence my post here :)

David Shipman