[haiku] Re: Ruby no longer works!

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 11:27:53 +0200

> WebPositive does not seem to clean out the cookie jar, or rather cURL
> doesn't seem to do it. And with a growing cookie jar, the performance seems
> to suffer immensely. So deleting the cookie jar file will make WebPositive
> quick again. I think people experience this problem more likely if they
> keep an installation for longer, or actually use WebPositive a lot to surf
> various sites.
>
> At the moment, I am not in Haiku and can't check which file to delete, but
> hopefully browsing home/config/settings should make it obvious.

Another problem is our current networking code will try to connect using IPV6
if that's available from the DNS resolution, even if you have no IPV6 address
assigned. Disabling the IPV6 add-on avoids that and makes the IPV4 connection
succeed a bit faster.

Anyway, I'd suggest NetSurf if you want a fast browser without Javascript.
You should be able to compile it from haikuporter or from their source
download.

--
Adrien.