[haiku] Re: Ruby no longer works!

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 23:06:11 -0700

It was a long road, but I finally found the problem.

Haiku's minimum stack size recently got increased, but posix/limits.h
never got its minimum pthread stack adjusted to match.  As ruby uses
this for its timer thread, it would always die.  I've submitted a ticket
(#9959).

(Turns out there's a bug in ruby's error reporting too, that causes a hang
on a continuous segment violation.  This happens even on older haikus, but
I guess I just never hit the bug  report function before!)

        -- Pete --