[openbeos] Re: Ruby 1.9 will no longer supports Beos unless a maintainer steps forward before Sept 25th.

  • From: Olivier Coursiere <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:47:31 +0200

Axel Dörfler a écrit :
Olivier Coursière <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A fix for the former is currently being worked on by Andreas, and the latter should just be fixed/added.
Great !
Before I would submit a patch that works around a temporary issue in Haiku, I would rather submit a patch that fixes the given issue in Haiku :-)
Sure, but i have often heard that thread related functions are not trivial to implement. So, i don't even consider this option... :-(
I will try to do better next time :-)
It's also better for the Ruby maintainers when they don't get patches that work around a moving target such as Haiku's POSIX support.
Sure. In this case, i have considered that there was some sort of emergency to show some interest in the port before my holidays instead of just before the dead line.

Bye,

Olivier