[openbeos] Re: Ruby 1.9 will no longer supports Beos unless a maintainer steps forward before Sept 25th.

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:33:00 +0200 CEST

Olivier Coursière <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For Haiku, i use pthread. The only two missing functions were :
>  - sched_yield
>  - pthread_attr_setinheritsched (used with PTHREAD_INHERIT_SCHED)
>
> I forgot to mention them in my previous post. I have defined the
> native_sched_yield macro to nothing instead of sched_yield and
> commented
> out the pthread_attr_setinheritsched call under Haiku. It seems to
> work
> well.

A fix for the former is currently being worked on by Andreas, and the
latter should just be fixed/added.
Before I would submit a patch that works around a temporary issue in
Haiku, I would rather submit a patch that fixes the given issue in
Haiku :-)
It's also better for the Ruby maintainers when they don't get patches
that work around a moving target such as Haiku's POSIX support.

Bye,
   Axel.