[openbeos] Re: Robustness

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 10:26:39 EST (-0300)

> Well specifically my windows partion has developed quite a few bad
> sectors.
> This has lead me to wonder just how robust is the BFS and the OBOS
> implementation. I know FAT keeps several copies of the tables in case
> one
> gets damaged, but what of OBFS? Journaling is excellent for data but
> what
> about inode damage?
>
> The point is: Will OBOS survive a bad sector in an inode?

It will survive if it is possible for it to survive. Anyway, with the
Tools Axel developed if should be possible to at least partially
recover the data even if your partition is not bootable.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Ehrman's Commentary:
        (1) Things will get worse before they get better.
        (2) Who said things would get better?