[openbeos] Roadmap.

  • From: Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:49:50 +1000 (EST)

> "It could encourage people to keep track of haiku after releasing R1 when
it will be complemented with a link to a kind of a roadmap for the
next updates/releases (R1.2 or R2 or maybe both or more ;o)) on the haiku
website."

From a marketing perspective; rather than just "A release will have X" we might
be better of documenting "X is at S stage and targeted at release A" and "Y is
at T stage and targeted at release B".

Hopefully we can attract developers by talking about cool features coming.

IOW

Self Sustained Bootable OS
  Development Release 1-1
BeOS-5-0 Binary Compatible
  Development Release 1-1
Extremely Basic Installer
  Planing Release 1-1
Nicer Installer
  Planing Release 1-2
Integration of all applicable OSBOS Standards
  Planing Release 1-1
Fildirute
  Planing Release 2-1

and

Release 1-1
  Self Sustained Bootable OS
  BeOS-5-0 Binary Compatible
  Extremely Basic Installer
Release 1-2
  More Drivers
  Nicer Installer
Release 1-3
  Integration of all applicable OSBOS Standards
Release 2-1
  Fildirute

Member of the unofficial Fildirute Cheer Squad.

http://haiku-os.org/

http://matgeekau.blogspot.com/
http://matgeekaupolitcial.blogspot.com/