[haiku] Re: Rethinking the Haiku Distro Guidelines

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:46:30

Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2. We do not want third parties releasing Haiku development code. If
> someone does this, it must strip away all relevant trademarks, logos,
> etc that would identify it as Haiku and it must clearly indicate it
> is
> based on unreleased code. Any other uses of Haiku code must follow
> these same rules.

While I'm currently preferring Jorge's idea to solve this issue with
the trademark policies alone, if we wanted to go the full distance, we
shouldn't brand our nightly builds as Haiku then, either, because that
could be counted as a trademark usage policy violation, too. Not that
we actually release them properly, but it's basically a similar thing.
Maybe we should call the development versions Walter :-)

Bye,
   Axel.