[haiku] Re: Rethinking the Haiku Distro Guidelines

  • From: Christopher Walker <sven.hakonsson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:00:36 -0600

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Chris Roberts <cpr420@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 16:53 -0600, Nick wrote:
>

> I'm pretty sure hotmail adds this to all outgoing messages when you
> use a free account.  Yahoo does the same thing.
>
> --Chris

One more reason to switch to GMail. :)

However, I am concerned by the fact that the trademarks are not registered.
If Haiku were to get into a legal dispute, this fact could make it all that
much harder for Haiku Inc. to win. :( It looks like the US office for
trademarks has an on-line application that could be filled out; should
someone who is part of Haiku Inc. consider submitting an application
eventually?