[haiku] Re: Rethinking the Haiku Distro Guidelines

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:18:37 -0700

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They have now stopped distributing Basho (since yesterday) until they
> can address the compliance issues, and have also published a note of
> apology for the (let's say) mishap on the front page of their website.

That's nice to hear :)

Thanks for updating us!

> They also seem to be planning on creating some sort of Japanese package
> as a temporary measure, although I don't know the details. Personally, I
> think it would be nice if this could become a Haiku optional package of
> sorts; but I am not sure whether that's their target or not. Hopefully
> they will share their plans at some point (although I am not sure of
> that either).

I think a set of optional packages makes a lot of sense - perhaps one
for the locale changes, input method, and fonts, etc.

I think any extra software should go through a similar voting process
as the official Haiku Alpha software did before it can be included by
default.

- Urias