[haiku] Resurfacing from the BeOS user base

  • From: Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 03:13:31 -0500

Just wanted to check in, I've been working on live hardware on the alpha 1
release, I'm currently very impressed... I remember Robin and Deej from
Colorado thinking OpenBeOS would take forever, and that BlueEyedOS would
probably be the more permanent solution to the death of BeOS... I'm just
happy to have it back on modern hardware... and in my opinion ahead of
schedule, just seems like yesterday we got binary compatibility working
properly, and a window manager after that!

I'm liking the sudoku interface, just took a little bit to get used to it...

Thanks to everyone for their hard work, and I'll probably make this my
primary OS for developing for the time being...

Any news on Java?, Wireless Support?

Thanks,

alphaseinor