[haiku] Re: Res: Re: Graphic card for Haiku

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 16:28:56 +1300

Look inside this ticket
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5722

czeidler has shared his knowledge with us about your driver.
I tried with my old Radeon HD 2600 Pro, without success.
But yesterday I bought a HD 5550 and now I get a "mirrored" image, full of
glitches.

I need a driver to set my 1920x1080 resolution.

If you see something this is a very good sign. That you see something means that you already have mapped the app server output to somewhere in the graphic card framebuffer memory and this is the only purpose for the driver at the moment. I reckon that the output signal is not in sync with the current framebuffer geometry... If you have an external monitor connected take a look at the output part I think I never implemented it correctly because it works different for build in laptop screens (maybe it was just luck that it works for me, I never understood this part), try to compare it with the xorg code. See the DxModeSet and DxModeScale method there is a lot commented out and very fishy!

Also recheck if everything is set correctly for your chipset.

Good luck :-)
        Clemens

________________________________
De: Skar Cat <skarmiglione.sk4r@xxxxxxxxx>
Para: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 2 de Novembro de 2010 14:58:55
Assunto: [haiku] Re: Graphic card for Haiku

how is going ati 4550?
that driver are not easy of port to haiku? are not open source yet?

2010/11/2 Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Glenn Holmer, on Tue, 02 Nov 2010 02:28:40 -0500:

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 23:02 +0100, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> You don't say which version of Haiku you're using.  If you are
> trying to
> use R1A2, forget it - it's ancient.  Get a nightly, and your 7600
> will
> work just as well as my 7300.

Time for another release?

Probably. There has been some discussion lately on a R1A3, but it seems
like it's always such a huge effort that getting it rolling and finding
devs volunteering for the various tasks has to overcome quite some
inertia...

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de