[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 05:11:33 -0400

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2010-04-23 at 08:38:36 [+0200], Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Jorge G. Mare wrote:

> > > Awesome! Thank you so much!
> >
> > Here is one more iteration of the CD artwork:
> >
> > http://haikuzone.net/files/temp/2010-04-22_haiku-r1a2-cd.png
> >
> > I used the rubber stamp from Michele (thanks!), replaced the logo with
> > the stock image from the repo (Stippi was right: the subtler glow looks
> > much better) and tweaked a few things here and there based on some of
> > the feedback and my own discretion.
>
> It does look nice. I would try a few things, though: How about removing the
> underline of the logo and making the logo a bit bigger. I think the rubber
> stamp look is a bit too drastic. It becomes not readable enough.
>
> What program are you using to create the designs?
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Personally, I agree with the part about the stamp. If you take a look at the
stamp on the Haiku homepage (http://www.haiku-os.org/) Only the outline of
the stamp looks like that, the text inside is solid.
To be honest, I can read the words "Alpha 2", but when I first saw
http://mio.discoremoto.alice.it/zumi I thought the one after "Alpha 2" was
"Alpha 5", so it is difficult to read. and I have pretty good eyes