[haiku] Re: Request: Graphic for R1A2 CD

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:55:54 -0600

> Here is a rough low-res mockup of the CD artwork updated for R1A2:
>
> http://haikuzone.net/files/temp/2010-04-haiku-r1a2-cd.png

Suggestions:1) Live & Installation CD2) Capitalize Alpha3) change Intel
compatible computers to 586 or better computer4) Write Operating System on the
CD somewhere, probably under HAIKU
Add term Live because I believe this will also be a Live CD.
Capitalize Alpha because I think it will go better.  When final is outwill it
be called Release 1 or release 1.  If Release 1, then should alsokeep naming
convention & go Alpha 2, etc.
I would not use Intel compatible because x86 CPUs are madeby AMD and VIA too.
Sounds exclusive to Intel.  Better to go withthe instruction set for describing
compatible hardware, ie: 586 (Pentium Compatible or better system) or maybe
listminimum requirements instead.
Minimum (System) Requirements586 (Pentium Compatible) CPU128 MB RAM600 MB Disk
Space
We know Haiku is an operating system but others from Linux & Windows may not
know this.  Good to write it on the CD too.

Hotmail & Messenger. Get them on your phone now.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724463