[haiku] Re: Release coordinator

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:21:50 +0200 CEST

Hi Philippe,

Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My name is Philippe Saint-Pierre, you might know me as stpere on IRC.
> I'm a web programmer (PHP, Javascript, Mysql, Postgresql - some would
> say there is no such thing as a PHP coder, but still.. :-) ) but also
> C/C++ and Delphi.  I contributed to Haiku last year, with a few
> patches affecting/fixing some preflets.
>
> Ok, more to the point, I saw there was a task set to recruit a
> release
> coordinator and I must admit it's tempting me.  But I have a question
> to ask :
>
>   I can dedicate around 4 to 5 hours a week to this task, would that
> be enough?  Of course, I can spend more time as needed when the
> release comes closer, etc... (I'm a freelancer, so I have some
> freedom
> on my schedule - to a certain extent)
>
> So, if you think that would be enough for this task, consider that I
> apply for this task!

I guess any extra work will help; if you can't do it all in that time,
others can chime in and help.
And then, only time will tell how much time one need to do it.
In any case, feel welcome to do so. But I guess the haiku-development
list would actually be more appropriate for the details.

Bye,
   Axel.