[openbeos] Re: Recommended BeOS environment for Haiku

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:53:16 +0200 CEST

"Cooper, Greg" <greg_cooper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Originally I downloaded the BeOS R5 developer version from BeBits.
> Trying to build 'haiku' with that didn't work because the gcc version
> wasn't
> correct (2.95.3 ??).   Anyway, I downloaded the 'developer
> extensions' for
> BeOS R5 personal edition and things got a LOT better.  I didn't have
> the
> STL troubles I had before.   However, I am still having some
> undefined symbol
> issues with "__gthread_mutex_lock" and "__gthread_mutex_unlock" and I
> believe it may have something to do with kernel versions.  (On
> KernelLd with
> libroot.so)

I've just searched our whole codebase for this symbol, and there should
be no way it's required to build our libroot.so.
So, whatever you do, I think you should follow your plan and get the
standard BeOS 5 PE version on your disk. Please give us an update on
how that works out.

Good luck! :-)

Bye,
   Axel.