[openbeos] Re: Recipes for community happiness? Was: Re: FalterCon 2007 Permissions - Official Response

  • From: Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:37:33 +1000

>he's not just in the admin team because of his good looks either :-)

That's the reason I'm on the admin team :P

For a little history, I started as one of the coders, as did most of
the admins. Those with strengths (and those wanting the
responsibility) were give the role of being an admin. The guy I was
reporting to stepped down and so I put my hand up for the job and took
over on that Pref Apps team. I then moved from more of a coding role
into code support, mentoring a couple of users, being the filter for
other's users code before it went into our repository. I haven't done
any code in ages, more administrating work, looking after the factory,
admin meetings, reading emails, various web stuff, etc.

I just wanted to put across that at times, the admins might be busy
and can't respond to your request immediately. Sometimes, they might
want to discuss it with the rest of the admins via email or via the
weekly admin meeting first. So, we're not a bunch of unapproachable
guys with secret handshakes ... if you feel that you have something to
contribute, we're always more than happy to look at your request /
assistance, just don't get discouraged if you don't get your answer
straight away.

Cheers

Phil Greenway (Sikosis)