[openbeos] Re: Re[2]: OpenBeOS in competition with BeOS

  • From: "Yuri Titov" <yurititov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:42:40 -0500

That list needs to be more extensive to look attractive (not trying to be
rude at all).   You need more developers signed up for something like that.
I would volunteer but i'm no JBQ, I am just a BeOS enthusiast/programmer.
Another thing, that list should have a publisher plan or backer, someone
like Gobe.  You may also have your own distribution plan made.  Are you
applying for the license under a common name? a company? or just a group of
geeks (no pun intended)  How do you plan on handeling the source if you get
it.  Would new programmers be able to jump on board (of course signing the
NDA)?  What is the reason for this thing, I mean the grand plan.  More
features, like BONE, OGL?  Do you plan on offering other services with this
thing?  What if Palm would get bought out, where would you stand?  I can go
on and on.  What you say may sound good and it is indeed a pretty big
undertaking.  Lets say you guys flop and Palm doesnt give a damn about beos.
The users will get creamed once again.  Could be just me but I always feel
this weird unsertainty.  I am not trying to put you on trial :)These are
just the questions that popped into my head and I wanted to share them.

Honestly though, if you guys would pull something like this off.  I would
give you a chance and support your project through any means feaseble to me.
BONE and OGL sounds pretty damn neat to me, those are features I would
gladly pay for, and lets not forget maybe a little GF3 support - hey, I can
dream cant I?

thats my blurb and I'm sticking to it :)

-yt