[openbeos] Radeon, DVI and Port Replicator

  • From: "Petter Holt Juliussen" <post@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:16:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have a Dell laptop with a Radeon 9000 Mobility. When I attach my LCD
monitor through the
VGA output on the laptop itself, Haiku runs beautifully. When I on the
other hand connect my
laptop to my port replicator, and attaches my LCD monitor to the DVI
output on the replicator,
Haiku turns off my monitor just when it's about to enter the desktop. The
same thing happens in
BeOS R5. When I in BeOS disable the user add-ons (and the Radeon driver),
it boots into
gray scale. This seems to be a driver problem, but I'm not sure who
maintains the driver anymore.

Anyone with some ideas on what may be the problem here?

Thanks,
Petter