[openbeos] RFC archieve and public access

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: glasselevator@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:36:44 +1100

        [Zenja Solaja]  Hi everyone.  I believe that we urgently need to
solve a very serious problem - the archieving of great ideas floating around
GE and OBOS lists.  This issue was brought up in another thread and I'd like
to move it to its own thread.

        What I'm proposing is:

        1. We establish a public repository (the GE or OBOS website) where
we publish a set of RFC documents.

        2. Each RFC would address a certain domain, ie a FileSystem layout
RFC, a Deskbar GUI RFC, Window Border RFC etc.

        3. Each RFC would be itemised (1.2.3, 1.2.4).

        4. When discussing an item, the email header would reference the
item in question.

        5. We'd limit discussion to one item at a time until a consensus is
met.  We would cycle through the entire RFC twice.

        6. A greater than 2/3 majority is essential (>66%).  Therefore,
quorum is at least 4 people voting.  Here are some illustrative numbers to
accept an item: 3/4 (75%), 4/5 (80%), 5/6 (83%), 5/7 (71%), 6/8 (75%) etc.
Notice how 4/6 doesn't pass the >2/3 barrier.  To loby for an item, simply
get more supporters to vote for it.

        7. Once the community agrees on a RFC, it becomes a SRS (system
requirements specification).  Ambitious developers can now tackle a project
of their choosing.

        Comments from webdevelopers (people responsible for implementing
this system), administrators, and everyone else.

        <PS - continue discussion on GE mailing list (Reply to:
glasselevator@xxxxxxxxxxxx)>

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.