[haiku] RFC: 2010 Fall Haiku Code Spring and Haiku Conference

  • From: Dave Osbourne <super_dooper_dave_osbourne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:58:36 -0700 (PDT)

I have a line on a small (100-200 capacity) conference center, and I'm able to
get it cheap.  It has a pool, and an huge gazebo as well as 2 tennis courts and
a large parking lot.  Also has a lake with docks and I have a line on a water
ski boat or two.  Wondering if this would be of interest to have a codefest
hacking conference as well as a user conference for Haiku next Fall or Spring,
would folks show up.  Its in the US, in a suburb of Cleveland, called Aurora
OH.  Email me with your thoughts at haiku.automation@xxxxxxxxx with your RSVP
so I can get a headcount.  We're talking late august or early september 2010.
There is a hotel across the way, about 100-125 USD  a night that would likely
accommodate 4 people (2 on floor).  That is about 25 a night, maybe 30 USD.
The conference hall and pool, and parking, and gazebo, as well as lake and
water skiing are free.
Your thoughts and willingness to help are appreciated.  Most everything will be
taken care of, donuts and coffee in the AM for 3 days, and subway sandwiches
for lunch.  Dinners would be the responsibility of each individual for self.