"John M. Gabriele" <jandl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > >No, sorry, that's stupid - the last 10% usually also take much time > >because the other 90% don't make a complete product. [snip] > I think I see a distinction here: the last 10% of finishing a normal > software product, vs. the last, maybe, 2% of getting the BC right. > > I'd guess it's that last 2% that will take the most,.. (to quote > osnews-poster Greg) "testicular fortitude". I don't think so - binary compatibility is not that hard to achieve, and every class is binary compatible all the time, because the header just don't change. The harder thing to do is functional compatibility; of course we have many testing suites that try to make sure that it works the same. But it's hard to make those complete - things like that BMenu::Window() has different meanings in different contexts. Adios... Axel.