[haiku] Re: R1 Alpha 1

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:34:06

> Does the vmv_tools really work now? Last time I tried the mouse driver
> couldn't use the mouse at all. It just skipped around when I clicked
> the VM
> to grab focus

Note that I've added a vmware_mouse input_server filter add-on which
supports the io-port based VMWare communication. It also supports using
the mouse through the VMWare VNC server for example and should work
locally just as well. You could build it from the tree and put it to
add-ons/input_server/filters and it should be picked up immediately. It
would be nice to have it packaged with the vmw_tools package so it's
easier to get. Note that from the current vmw_tools package you only
want to install the filter as well, not the device.

Regards
Michael