[openbeos] Re: Qunu 'announces' Haiku 'support'

  • From: John Drinkwater <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:18:57 +0100

Looks awesome (reminds me of mandrakeexpert, but without the hassle of the website).

John

Helmar Rudolph wrote:
Guys,

yesterday we've launched the first open alpha trial of Qunu, a
Jabber/XMPP based system that can best be described as "live chat
meets expert exchange".

Qunu dates back to January 2000 when Joseph E. Trent made a
suggestion on Benews.com about integrating Instant Messaging into
the operating system. I took hold of the idea and wanted to
accomplish that with Sonork. That didn't work out, though.

In 2003 a completely new project was started. Initially expected to
run under Mozilla, it's now a Web 2.0 app of a different kind, and
with it I'd like to make a small but perhaps significant
contribution to promoting Haiku and all that's behind it.

So without much ado...

1) http://www.qunu.com
This is our main website, of course, with more info, feedback
forms, RSS feed, you name it - and it's there in German and
English.
2) http://alpha.qunu.com/search/haiku
It loads the website (IE6 and FF1.5 only right now, and pls be
patient), directs the request to our server and then shows you
available experts for Haiku. At the moment it's just me, but
you'll get the idea. :)
3) http://blogs.openaether.org/?p=161
Justin's (our main coder) announcement in both tech and marketing
speak.

So, half spam, half divine, but I hope Qunu soon helps lots of
Haiku users to have a more satisfying user experience.

Remember: it's alpha software, so be gentle with it.

Helmar

-- John â[Ãeta]â Drinkwater | john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx